UPCAP is accepting applications for a full-time Accountant/Housing Specialist in their Property Management Division. UPCAP offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive fringe benefit package with paid leave.
Applicant should possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting with two years related work experience and be proficient in Microsoft Office and Quick books. Applicant will need strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills and pass a criminal background check.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports for internal review and external examinations conducted by independent audit firm
- Track accounts receivable
- Process vendor accounts payables
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare project budgets
- Complete reporting requirements for multiple government housing projects
Housing management responsibilities:
- Assist with tenant applications, move-ins, move-outs, evictions, warning letters and complaints
- Process new rental applications and calculate tenant income certifications
- Assist with marketing/advertising of housing facilities
- Execute lease agreements and apply rules and regulations related to Rural Development and HUD multi-family and elderly housing projects
- Assist with compliance reviews conducted by oversight agencies.
Please mail cover letter, resume and application to: Executive Director, UPCAP, PO Box 606, Escanaba, MI 49829. UPCAP is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline to apply: April 28, 2022