UPCAP is accepting applications for a full-time Housing Specialist. The Specialist will report to UPCAP’s Director of Housing and will assist with oversight and and management of elderly and low income subsidized housing projects located throughout the Upper Peninsula.
General duties will include:
- Processing new applicant paperwork and calculating tenant income certifications
- Assessing program eligibility of potential new tenants
- Marketing and advertising of housing projects
- Assist with housing Site Manager communications along with tenant complaints, warning letters and tenant evictions
- Complete tenant move ins and move outs
- Assist Director of Housing with compliance reviews
- Provide training to Site Staff on an as needed basis
Applicant must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills. Previous experience with HUD and Rural Development subsidized housing facilities preferred, but not required.
Applicant must be willing to travel throughout the Upper Peninsula. This position includes a competitive wage with a full fringe benefit package.
Interested individuals are encouraged to send their cover letter, resume and application to: Executive Director, PO Box 606, Escanaba, MI 49829 or fax it to (906) 786-5853. Position open until filled. Click “here” for printable application. UPCAP is an equal opportunity employer.