Who should attend A Matter of Balance?
The program is designed to benefit older adults who:
- Are concerned or fearful about falls
- Have sustained or experienced falls or near falls in the past
- Restrict their activities or outings because of concerns about falling
- Are interested in improving their flexibility, balance and strength
- Are age 60 or older, community-dwelling and able to problem solve
What do participants learn at A Matter of Balance?
The program enables participants to achieve significant goals and gain confidence by learning to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing their activity
- Make changes to help reduce their fall risk at home and in public
- Exercise to increase their strength and balance
To find an upcoming A Matter of Balance program class offering that is right for you check out the Events tab on this website or on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/upcapservices/
Check out the video below for more information on the A Matter of Balance program.
Video – You Have the Power to Prevent a Fall – A Matter of Balance