Kinship Navigator – Part time (20 hours a week)
UPCAP is seeking a Kinship Navigator. The Kinship Navigator partners with kinship caregivers of relative children to access the support, information, and referrals they need to care for themselves and the children in their homes. All kinship navigation services are provided via phone, email, text and/or videoconferencing to kinship caregivers. The primary functions of this role are to provide direct services which includes reflective listening and responsivity to needs presented by kinship caregiver, participation in continuous quality improvement activities, community outreach and collaboration, and ongoing learning to best serve kinship families.
- Direct experience participating in at least one of the following processes: foster care of a relative child or unlicensed relative foster care through the State of Michigan; partial, full, or juvenile guardianship of a relative child; adoption of a relative child.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with experience in public speaking.
- Ability to provide high-quality customer service, handle multiple priorities simultaneously with confidence and poise in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize activities to meet deadlines.
- Evidence of the ability to work collaboratively and constructively with people at multiple levels and with diverse perspectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point, Teams, and Outlook, and proficiency or ability to become proficient in calendaring and Customer Relations Management Systems (Salesforce)
- Central Registry Clearance documenting that there is no record of child abuse or neglect.
- Internal Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) check and a National and State Sex Offender Registry Check.
- Access to transportation as the position requires travel
How to apply:
Please submit resume, application (which can be found on our website), references and cover letter to: Attn: Executive Director, UPCAP, PO Box 606, Escanaba, MI 49829. Position open until February 26, 2024. UPCAP is an equal opportunity employer.